Local area network (lan network )We use this network in our school college office to connect computer systems with each other.
A network that we use to make a connection in a small area, or we can say that we use this network to connect fewer machines/computers.
We can make Lan network using three types of topology :-
In this connection, all the nodes are connected with each other in a closed-loop, and the data/message Travel in the same direction.
In this connection, there is a central node to which all the other nodes are connected, through this central node all the data is Travel in all the other nodes.
In this type of connection, all the nodes/machine/pc are connected with a single connection, and from this one main connection, the data travels to the sub-nodes. You can see this in the photo below.
Note:- The Local Area Network can be wired and also wireless
Note: – a bus technology called Ethernet has become the industry standard Of Lan.
Primary functions of LAN:-
• File serving: -a Large storage disk drive at as central storage respectively.
• Print Serving: – it providing the authorization to access a particular printer.
• Video Transfer:- a high-speed Lan network OR capable of supporting Video Images and live video transfer
• Manufacturing support:- Lan network can support manufacturing and industrial environment
• Academic support:– in classroom Labs & wireless
• E-mail support:- Interconnection between Multiple System
Diagram of How we can establish lan network in the building by Ethernet by using two Type of topologies:-
Characteristics of lan network:-
- Single Cable
- 10mbps ~10gbps
• Bus:- Ethernet: speed 10 or 100mbps
• Ring:-IBM Token Ring 4 or 16mbps
advantages of lan:-
individual work station Might Service network failure
Components & evolution are possible
Access to other local area network and wan
Equipment and support can be costly
Some type of hardware may not interoperate
Lan consist of many links
A Lan Network can we apply on a building or in a home in college campus but can not in the city
in lan network has a modem by this we can send the data from one device to another